Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Baby Fever

Image found Randeepk Tumbler
So, this year it seems like there has been a severe epidemic going around and that is Baby Fever. I myself caught the fever around mid July. This April as a result of baby fever I came home from the hospital with a bouncing, happy,  and healthy baby boy. But it wasn't just me, it was two of my co-workers, one of my best friends, my sister, and my cousin. Not to mention celebrity royalty Beyonce.
So many things to knit I don't know where to start and I am seriously behind. I made my newborn son a baby blue blanket with lace and cables shown below. It was a quick knit with worsted weight yarn. I absolutely love the finish product I hope to make him a sweater before the end of fall (Fingers crossed).
  I have to knit at least 3 more baby blankets and I haven't even casted on a single stitch. I am looking for quick cute blanket patterns. Maybe garter stitch, maybe stripes...I don't know here are some blankets that stood out to me.



 Maybe I would be better off making some hats and baby booties. Do people actually keep up with their baby blankets. I made five baby blankets for my little girl, who knows where they are today. I imagine them floating in the wind lonely and depressed being run over by cars and kicked by people passing by. I plan to preserve Cj's blanket by putting it up and not using it. My daughter pooped and threw up on hers.
My grandmother crochet all of her grandchildren a baby blanket and we had ours for a very long time. Regardless of the condition the blanket, the intention and thought never deteriorated it was an expression of love which is very few and far between when it comes to my grandmother.  That being said I guess the lace, the cable, and the style don't really matter. It's the love you put into creating it. That is what makes them beautiful and that is what makes them stay imprinted on your memory long after they are gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment