Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Impulse Buying


A couple of months ago I went to this lovely yarn store called The Yarn Spot. Now, I was actually in the neighborhood to take an exam. I got so nervous/anxious about the test that I googled a LYS and found one 2 miles away. The Yarn Spot was spacious and filled with luxurious yarn. I think I walked around the store three times looking as the same yarn. I fell in love with the hand dyed yarns that priced anywhere to $35-$50 per skein. The Yarn Spot also had these beautiful knitting bags for...get ready $225-$300 dollars!!! Now I can splurge on yarn and knitting accessories as much as the next girl or guy but that is just too much. Anyhow, I ogled them none the less. 

I ended up getting two skiens of  Baby Alpaca Grande Yarn about $16 dollars a skein (picture shown above). It's still kind of pricey but it was soooo soft and it was just about the cheapest thing in the store. This yarn is currently the pride of my yarn stash and I have no idea what to do with it. A slouchy hat, maybe. A warm cowl, perhaps. I believe I have somewhere between 150 yards to 175 yards which doesn't leave much option for projects. I bought the yarn out of sheer love and adoration, no project or practical application in mind. I will keep you guys posted as these little guys wait for me to conquer my indecision.  Oh and P.S. the anxiety crisis was averted and I passed the exam. 

No comments:

Post a Comment