Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Once Upon a Time



I thought it would be nice to share the story of how I began to knit. So, put on your comfy slippers, grab some hot cocoa, and get ready for the true and unedited version of how I became the knitter that I am. Now, let us begin.

     Once Upon a Time... at the tender age of 23, I went to my local library to find some free ways to entertain my time. As I perused the library's' selection I encountered a woman, militantly training three students to wield dangerously sharp needles and hooks through yarn. This woman was a veteran her needle swordsmanship were beyond anything I had ever seen before. I immediately asked for entry into her strenuous training program.
     After, a through interview and a $10 tuition fee I was enrolled as student and her as my Sensei. Under the supervision of my Sensei, LiN-Da (Linda) I learned to wield one needle haphazardly, then two needles. The training only lasted a couple of weeks but I practiced relentlessly. Once my training was completed I not only handled two needles, I handled four dangerously sharp needles and a garrote haphazardly (well is wasn't technically a garrote but it sure looked like one). I surpassed all of my fellow students Ally, 6 and Scott, 9 and Lacey, 11 so I had to move on and leave them behind.
     I was alone in my journey because Ally, Scott, and Lacey were too young for a stitch and bitch with wine, and my Sensei charged $10 an hour for her time. I ventured the world with my new found skill as a lone wolf. Yet, I credit my knowledge, skill, discipline, and stealth to my Sensei, LiN-Da who showed me the art of knitting all those years ago.

                                                          The End

P.S.:
Some people have come to the conclusion that I am some sort of Knitting Ninja--and that is ridiculous there is no such thing...

or is there!?!?!?!



No comments:

Post a Comment