Friday, December 4, 2015

It's Not You, It's Me

       So, I'm afraid that I may have to break up with a project. First, let me say, it is totally not my style to just leave a project. I am a "till cast off do we part" type of knitter, meaning I stick with one project till it's done. But my current project, Emmanuelle and I,  we've been going through some hard times. In the beginning things were so simple, we were happy and the future looked bright. Things were moving fast but it felt right.
       Then one day, things changed. I started to enjoy our time together less and less. I found myself looking at other project. Then, I actually started casting on and working other projects right in front of my Emmanuelle. First, it was a pair of finger less mittens now, it's a full size afghan.
       I hate to string this project along but, I don't see how we can pick-up where we left off. (HONESTLY, I have no idea where to pick up in the pattern because I got so confused and frustrated trying to make sense out of the instructions and charts.)  The intarsia charts, the decreasing rows, and especially the collar shaping was not connecting with me at all. I sought out help to no avail.
        I guess, as long as it remains on my circular needles there is hope. But for now I am forced to hibernate this project due to irreconcilable differences. Has anyone else had to break up with a project? Leave me a comment below.

                                              Emmanuelle during the happier days.

No comments:

Post a Comment